Heartland MLS will be launching
the MLS-touch mobile app at no additional cost to its subscribers on July
13. With the addition of this new app, HMLS will be discontinuing the Homespotter
app as a benefit on Sept. 1. This will leave two mobile apps for subscribers:
MLS-Touch and Homesnap. Although these two apps offer much of the same data, a
few differences exist between them.
- Homesnap is a public portal, like Zillow and Realtor.com.
- Contains non-Realist public tax records.
- Offers access to listings nationwide, but can only view
MLS-only details for HMLS listings.
- Offers ability to pay for Facebook advertising.
- Can be treated as an extension of Matrix.
- Offers access to Realist tax data.
- Only contains listings from HMLS.
- Facebook advertising included at no cost.
- Same fields, terms and labels as in Matrix.
- Uses same sign-on info as HMLS Dashboard.
- Offers in-app market statistics.
- No up selling; all features are included.
Both Homesnap and MLS-Touch, however, allow users to share
listings to social media, share a branded app with clients, message with
clients in-app and use map search and GPS search functionality.
- Go to either Apple Store or Google Play Store and search MLS Touch.
- Once downloaded, choose Kansas/Missouri in the State field.
- Select Heartland MLS.
- Log in using your Matrix username and password.