The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Center for REALTOR® Financial Wellness will be hosting a tax summit throughout the month of February. This four-part webinar series will focus specifically on what independent contractors need to know as they approach tax season.
“Tax Considerations for the Newly Self-Employed” will be held on Feb. 2 at 1 p.m. Presenter Heather C. Liston will answer questions including:
- Do I really have to pay estimated taxes? When and how and how much?
- What is self-employment tax?
- What forms do I file for an S-Corp vs. an LLC vs. a Sole Proprietorship?
- What business expenses are tax-deductible?
- How can I keep track of all that?
“What to Do If You’ve Got IRS Trouble” will be held on Feb. 9 at 1 p.m. Liston will talk about how to get back on the right foot with tax withholding and reporting, and what to do if you find yourself at odds with the IRS. She’ll address topics including:
- How to avoid owing money: Estimated taxes, managing your withholding, and the importance of filing.
- IRS errors: How to spot them; how to handle them.
- What if it’s not your fault? Injured spouse and innocent spouse remedies.
- Worst-case scenarios: liens, garnishments, and more.
- Statutes of Limitations.
- Mitigations: Appeals, payment plans, amended returns.
“2022 Small Business Advances Tax Update” will be held on Feb. 16 at 1 p.m. Presenter Ryan L. Losi will walk attendees through any recent changes to tax law. He’ll also spend some time discussing how REALTORS® might plan for this upcoming tax season and into the future as part of this session.
“Your Financial Golden Years: Taxes & Retirement” will be held on Feb. 23 at 1 p.m. During the session, Liston will answer questions including:
- How is Social Security income taxed?
- What if I relocate to a new state when I retire?
- Do I have to pay tax on my pension?
- What’s the deal with RMDs?
- Should I do Roth conversions?
Register for any of the sessions through NAR.