KCRAR Good Neighbor Community Service Award Application
- Nominees must be members of KCRAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the livability of our local community. Those activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues, and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring and/or homelessness prevention.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not Association or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place between June of last year and now, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement through published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered (REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another KCRAR member. You must submit an original copy of the entire entry package.
- Nominated nonprofit organization must be exempt from taxes under Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) Section 501(c)(3) and classified as a public charity under IRC Section 501(a)(1) and applicable regulations and IRS authority.
- Requesting nonprofit organizations must support a local programming in the metropolitan Kansas City area.
- Nonprofit organization must be nonsectarian, nongovernmental, nonpolitical, not a K-12 school and not an institution of higher education.
If self-nominating please complete all fields below. If nominating another member, please complete the required fields below as well as any other information you have available and KCRAR staff will follow up with nominee for additional information.
Questions? Contact Debbie Strange at DebbieS@kcrar.com or 913-266-5925.