Heartland MLS Clear Cooperation Policy
In November 2019, NAR announced the approval of a new MLS policy. Their policy, Clear Cooperation 8.0, is designed to support a more collaborative pro-consumer and pro-competitive market through a national standard of practice for REALTOR® MLS organizations and their participants.
Heartland MLS has adopted new standards of practice to meet the requirements of this mandated policy while also addressing the specific challenges of the local market and the best interest of subscribers.
The Heartland MLS Clear Cooperation Policy went into effect April 15, 2020.
What is NAR’s Clear Cooperation Policy (MLS Statement 8.0)?
Section 1.01 – Clear Cooperation
Within one (1) business day of marketing a property to the public, the listing broker must submit the listing to the MLS for cooperation with other MLS participants. Public marketing includes, but is not limited to, flyers displayed in windows, yard signs, digital marketing on public facing websites, brokerage website displays (including IDX and VOW), digital communications marketing (email blasts), multi-brokerage listing sharing networks, and applications available to the general public. (Adopted 11/19)
- Use of Temporary & Permanent Waivers will be discontinued April 1, 2020.
- Listings must be entered into the MLS within one (1) business day of the contract effective date.
- Private Office Exclusive Listing documentation must be sent to HMLS via online submission at POE.KCRAR.com, within two (2) calendar days of the effective date.
- If a showing of a Pre-MLS listing occurs before the status is made active, a $1,000 penalty will be assessed.
- Advertising a Private Office Exclusive listing will result in a $1,000 penalty and must be entered in Active Status within one (1) business day
Detailed FAQs: Click Here
- Discontinuation of Permanent and Temporary Waiver Forms
- Introduction of Private Office Exclusive Contract and modifications to Exclusive Right to Sell Contract
- Watch the forms change video here.
Exclusive Right To Sell Contract
The Exclusive Right to Sell form has been modified to include a check box and language that specifies a future on market date/MLS active date should the client want to enter the property in Pre-MLS rather than Active status. This section also informs the client that showings are unauthorized while in Pre-MLS status.
Private Office Exclusive Contract
Beginning April 1, 2020, use of the MLS Exemption Form (Permanent Waiver) will be discontinued. .
The Private Office Exclusive Contract should be used in the rare situation that a seller specifically requests that their home NOT be listed in the MLS and is made aware that all public advertising will be prohibited. This form must be submitted to HMLS within two (2) calendar days of obtaining signatures.