RPAC and YOU: How Can We Help You Grow
Your Business and Simplify Your Life in Real Estate?
What is RPAC?
RPAC is the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC). 100% of your investment in RPAC is used to support candidates for public office who fight to protect the American Dream of Homeownership.
What has RPAC done for me lately?
Behind the scenes, RPAC helps grow your business by eliminating government intervention into private property rights and your back pocket. When you INVEST IN RPAC, you join the battle to combat restrictions that could cripple the real estate industry, including:
- SALES TAXES ON REAL ESTATE COMMISSIONS: With RPAC, we defeated many attempts to impose a sales tax on services, such as your real estate commissions. If passed you would be forced to pay sales tax on all of your real estate commissions, which could cost you $2,500 or more in lost commission income each year.
- TRANSFER TAXES ON COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL TRANSACTIONS: We eliminated any efforts to impose a transfer tax on the lease and sale of commercial and residential real estate. If passed, a transfer tax would be required on all commercial and residential leases and sales, which would cost you $8,500 or more a year.
- ELIMINATION OF THE MORTGAGE INTEREST DEDUCTION: Over the past two years, RPAC fought to protect the mortgage interest deduction and other important tax breaks for property owners at the state and federal levels. Eliminating these important tax benefits for property owners would cause property values to plummet as much as 20% overnight.
- UNREALISTIC DOWN PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS: RPAC defeated a proposal that would have required a 20% minimum down payment on all home purchases. This would have prevented roughly 40% of your clients from qualifying for a mortgage and could cost you $12,000 or more each year in lost commission income.
- BURDENSOME TESTING AND RETROFITTING REQUIREMENTS: RPAC prevented proposed mandatory testing and retrofitting requirements for radon gas, energy efficiency and several other property conditions, which would be a huge burden to both buyers and sellers.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE REALTOR® PARTY?
INVEST IN RPAC TODAY!
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS® or any of its state associations or local boards will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by your state PAC to support state and local political candidates. Until your state PAC reaches its RPAC goal 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a; after the state PAC reaches its RPAC goal it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.