Requirement for Code of Ethics Training
THIS IS NOT a requirement for renewing your license like a mandatory/core class. It is, however, required by the National Association of REALTORS® so you may continue as a member of the Association! Remember it is the real estate commission that governs your license, and the REALTOR® Association is a different entity.
A four-year period during which members were required to complete Code of Ethics training ended on December 31, 2012. The current cycle is Cycle 5 and is now a two-year period, from 2017 through 2018. Cycle 5 will end onDecember 31, 2018. This training is mandated by the National Association of REALTORS® every four years that you are a REALTOR®.
If you are a new member at KCRAR you must complete the New Member Orientation online program. Even if you aren't new, but never completed this course, you need to do so. This includes the Code of Ethics training for new(er) people. This is your Orientation and Code of Ethics all in one place.
You can check your personal REALTOR® records to see whether or not you've taken the training. After you have logged in on the home page, select "Personal Information/Personal Education Tracking."
Ways to complete the training requirement:
- BEST Option - Free NAR online ethics class: Click here. (You will need to register and have your NRDS number for this option.) To see a video about what the course contains and how it's conducted, click here. While there is no CE credit for this, it's fast and free and it satisfies the COE requirement.
- Commercial Practitioners Code of Ethics course online: Click here.
- Take an internet class for CE credit from our partner, CE Cheap (the online school for Career Education systems.) Note: Online CE classes through them are FREE again this year as a member benefit of KCRAR. You must log in at KCRAR and proceed to Online CE Classes. They will notify us that you took the Code of Ethics and they will notify the real estate commissions that you took a CE class.
- Take the “Behave Yourself! The Code of Ethics” class at KCRAR for elective CE license credit. Click here for the schedule of all KCRAR classes.
- Or attend a live video any Monday in the KCRAR classroom, 10:00am-12:30pm This is not for CE credit, but there would be other Agents around you if you like to discuss things with fellow REALTORS. Check the KCRAR calendar on the home page for dates.
Please note that if you take the class any other way at any other school besides KCRAR/CE Cheap or the NAR online course, you must submit confirmation of completion to KCRAR. To do this you may either fax it to (913) 498-1110, e-mail to Sherry Young or mail a copy of your certificate of completion to KCRAR - Attention: Sherry Young, 11150 Overbrook Rd., Leawood, KS 66211.
For more information, call Sherry Young at (913) 266-5930, or Debbie Strange at (913) 266-5925.