CLEAR COOPERATION POLICY OVERVIEW
What is NAR's Clear Cooperation Policy (MLS Statement 8.0)?
Section 1.01 – Clear Cooperation
Within one (1) business day of marketing a property to the public, the listing broker must submit the listing to the MLS for cooperation with other MLS participants. Public marketing includes, but is not limited to, flyers displayed in windows, yard signs, digital marketing on public facing websites, brokerage website displays (including IDX and VOW), digital communications marketing (email blasts), multi-brokerage listing sharing networks, and applications available to the general public. (Adopted 11/19)
Read NAR’s full policy here or watch the overview here.
Heartland MLS Rules & Regulations Changes:
- Use of Temporary & Permanent Waivers will be discontinued April 1, 2020.
- Listings must be entered into the MLS within one (1) business day of the contract effective date.
- Private Office Exclusive Listing documentation must be sent to HMLS within two (2) calendar days
- If a showing of a Pre-MLS listing occurs, it must be changed to active status within 24 hours or be assessed a $1,000 penalty.
- Advertising a Private Office Exclusive listing will result in a $1,000 penalty and must be entered in Active Status within one (1) business day
Detailed FAQs: Click Here