Does your Complaint fall under a citable article or SOP (Standard of Practice)? If so the citation program might be the best options for you. It is an expedited process that only applies to specific articles and SOPs. For a full list click here. http://kcrar.com/Websites/kcrarar/images/2016_PDFs/2016_KCRAR_Citation_Program.pdf
Through the citation program, the complaint goes straight to a citation panel for review. If found in violation the Respondent and their Broker are notified of the citation and given 20 days to either pay the fine or appeal the decision. If the decision is appealed, it goes to a full ethic hearing.
- 1st offense - $250 fine due within 30 days of notification of the citation
- 2nd offense (must be on the previously cited Articles or SOPs) is a $500 fine due within 30 days of notification of the citation and completion of a live Code of Ethic class
- 3rd offense (must be on previously cited Articles or SOPs) is a $1,000 fine due within 30 days of notification of the citation and completion of a live Code of Ethics class
- You can only accrue 2 citations on the same Articles or SOPs within 12 months period
- You are limited to 3 citations on the same Articles or SOPs within any 3-year period
- You are limited to no more than $5,000 in fines on the same Articles or SOPs within any 3-year period
CONFIDENTIAL – This process is protected under Article 14 of the Code of Ethics and any violation of CONFIDENTIALITY could result in disciplinary action being taken.
Any question about this program contact Debbie Strange at 913-266-5925 or DebbieS@Kcrar.com
KCRAR Citation Program
Form E-1 Ethics Complaint
Affidavit for Sworn Statements (required with Ethics Complaint)